Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Welcome to DBS...........Weston's VeeDub Club

71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry)

Go down 
+32
ServetaPaul
vwroadster
itsabuglife
Bmtt4
Jam Man
thecrewkid
ANDYLHAM
WizBizMartin
vietnam
type25 dan
dubberatlast
Road Rage
big dave
delboy
Shorty
Gungemyster
vwbeetlebum
Impy Mcdub
Wurz
uselescrapytwit
ARCANE
tango_van
SimonABT
blueridge
griff
HRD
Big_Al
clockwork
Shamrockez
joker 67
nomates
Mr Scoops
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr Scoops
DBS Top Tater
DBS Top Tater
Mr Scoops

Male Number of posts : 38010
My Ride(s) : 1991 Vanagon GL Westfalia 2.1: 2011 A3 S-Line
Registration date : 2006-08-19

71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry)   71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 7:53 pm

All been sprayed with WD40 and wrapped in plastic until the engine comes out. Should be the week after Sandown.

71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry) - Page 2 6a0739f3

71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry) - Page 2 53497e75

71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry) - Page 2 37507d6b

71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry) - Page 2 5d866dc7

71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry) - Page 2 F1e91e6c

71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry) - Page 2 1bfe72c6
Back to top Go down
http://www.cttp.co.uk
joker 67
DBS Old Timer
DBS Old Timer
joker 67

Male Number of posts : 3498
My Ride(s) : 2018 Skoda Karoq edition and something else
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: 71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry)   71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 8:13 pm

scoops
are you sure thats a counterweighted crank, as there does not appear to have the added weights welded on it.

71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry) - Page 2 65fee0576a319c67f20f459cdcf73886

71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry) - Page 2 2079200870087888626kGizjD_ph

see the weights welded to the end of the journals.

andy

Last edited by joker 67 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr Scoops
DBS Top Tater
DBS Top Tater
Mr Scoops

PostSubject: Re: 71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry)   71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 8:17 pm

Hmmm, good point, c/w or not it's nice and balanced now!! lol!
Back to top Go down
nomates
DBS Top Tater
DBS Top Tater
nomates

Male Number of posts : 18609
My Ride(s) : 1967 fridolin and 1966 (award winning-and yea i am being gay) ghia and 1960 bubble car
Registration date : 2006-11-19

PostSubject: Re: 71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry)   71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 8:52 pm

can it be balanced ...without counter wieghting it?
Back to top Go down
Mr Scoops
DBS Top Tater
DBS Top Tater
Mr Scoops

PostSubject: Re: 71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry)   71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 8:56 pm

Yes, it better bloody be able to, I've just paid £175 for it to be done!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
nomates
DBS Top Tater
DBS Top Tater
nomates

My Ride(s) : 1967 fridolin and 1966 (award winning-and yea i am being gay) ghia and 1960 bubble car

PostSubject: Re: 71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry)   71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 8:59 pm

just read up .....you can balance it ,but shouldn't rev higher than 4750rpm ....which is about stock ....

if the crank isn't counterweighted , it will move about in the case at higher rpms
Back to top Go down
Mr Scoops
DBS Top Tater
DBS Top Tater
Mr Scoops

PostSubject: Re: 71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry)   71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 9:06 pm

4750rpm redline. Check.
Back to top Go down
uselescrapytwit
Blitzen Regular
Blitzen Regular
uselescrapytwit

Male Number of posts : 408
My Ride(s) : Buggy 72 BLOWN
Registration date : 2009-11-26

PostSubject: Re: 71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry)   71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 11:55 pm

Mr Scoops wrote:
Yes, it better bloody be able to, I've just paid £175 for it to be done!!! lol!

who did this to you dude i will get them for you they could see you coming especialy if they didnt tell you what sort of crank it is. what spec did they ballence it too. i bet they dont tell you all about it end to end and rotational.
this is my counter weighted crank not all have welded on weights mine was cast in to the original blank but thats what you pay for .

did you have it balenced with the clutch and front pully and was it set up with the bearing and drive gears
Back to top Go down
Mr Scoops
DBS Top Tater
DBS Top Tater
Mr Scoops

PostSubject: Re: 71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry)   71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 7:29 am

It was all balanced up with the clutch and pulley etc etc
All the rods and pistons etc are all equally weighted too.

The guy at Bowden Engineering in Filton did it, highly recommended from a number of sources.
I'm
Not trying to build a race engine, just get a few extra ponies/torque out of it but also ensure I have a good strong reliable lump.
The engine work has snowballed somewhat, but I'm curious now as to what can be done with a 1600 without going mad, either in terms if budget or mods.
Should be good for writing up for the Ultra VW Staff Projects pages in the coming months...
Back to top Go down
Wurz
DBS Top Sphincter
DBS Top Sphincter
Wurz

Male Number of posts : 5378
My Ride(s) : T5, Bay, 2 Bugs & Buggy Project
Registration date : 2008-03-15

PostSubject: Re: 71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry)   71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 9:05 am

Mr Scoops wrote:
It but I'm curious now as to what can be done with a 1600 without going mad, either in terms if budget or mods.

http://www.noswizard.com/product_list.php?id=27

71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry) - Page 2 0265SB150ism

If you want an easy to fit, budget priced system that delivers maximum reliability; the Street-Blaster 150c has been developed by WON with you in mind. This system is for street and race use, whether it be purely for the thrill or the more serious use of gaining a competitive edge. The Street-Blaster 150c can deliver a boost of up to 150bhp, whenever you need a burst of acceleration. Utilising the same high-quality components as our ultimate race, Pro-Series systems the Street-Blaster 150c offers peace of mind and impressive results at a very competitive price.

£500.

good strong engine = good basis for something silly.
be a hero.

NOS FTW
Back to top Go down
Impy Mcdub
DBS Old Timer
DBS Old Timer
Impy Mcdub

Male Number of posts : 4983
My Ride(s) : mk2 goof big bumper gti 8v....slammed n rough
Registration date : 2006-08-20

PostSubject: Re: 71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry)   71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 11:05 am

Nos could be a way of gettin it rollin........or get crewkid or dirty dave to fab u up low pressure turbo setup
Back to top Go down
Impy Mcdub
DBS Old Timer
DBS Old Timer
Impy Mcdub

PostSubject: Re: 71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry)   71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 11:18 am

Or a supercharger.....mini cooper ones go for peanuts on ebay........bit of plumbing......few brackets......serpentine belt kit.........loadsa torque and provided it was pulleyed appropriately to keep boost down.....woo hoo
Back to top Go down
uselescrapytwit
Blitzen Regular
Blitzen Regular
uselescrapytwit

PostSubject: Re: 71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry)   71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 2:44 pm

Impy Mcdub wrote:
Or a supercharger.....mini cooper ones go for peanuts on ebay........bit of plumbing......few brackets......serpentine belt kit.........loadsa torque and provided it was pulleyed appropriately to keep boost down.....woo hoo

now we are talking. I would use 2 eaton 45s (mini) 1 for each head yum yum a nice set of blow off valves and a pair of carbs to suit. Go for mini metro turbo as these are blow thro and the eaton superchargers are designed for air and not air fuel mix. advantage you can intercool if you can find space try suberu triangle (stock intercoolers) as they are also cheep at the mo and may just fit in the gaps at the side above the heads

Did you know the ideal ignition timing and cam for supercharger aplications is very simular to stock
the dli kit was designed for stock engines.
with regard to nitrus as sugested by wurz its fun i had nos on my old bike again suitable for stock engines but add both together or a lot of each and you will granade it. build a stronger engine first.
Remember the old drag racing method of working out max power / revs

If an engine will rev to 4500 RPM you can make it do 9000 rp1/2m or 30 seconds which could be as many as 4 runs if you are quick enough.

keep boost down to about 6 lbs and stock compression ratio is very suitable especialy on a low compression engine
Oh nos kits are a little cheeper around £ 300 £350 for a single stage universal 4 barrel application 4 x nos and fuel jets in 4 seperate nozzles just right for screwing into threaded holes drilled into the vw manifold castings on a twin port set up.
this will work very well with supercharging as it cools down the inlet charge by masive amounts....

Ask me how i know go on ask me

Back to top Go down
uselescrapytwit
Blitzen Regular
Blitzen Regular
uselescrapytwit

PostSubject: Re: 71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry)   71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 2:45 pm

Impy Mcdub wrote:
Nos could be a way of gettin it rollin........or get crewkid or dirty dave to fab u up low pressure turbo setup

Why low pressure????????????

go for it.
Back to top Go down
Mr Scoops
DBS Top Tater
DBS Top Tater
Mr Scoops

PostSubject: Re: 71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry)   71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 3:05 pm

I an genuinely interested in all this shizzle, BUT, I won't be charging or Nitrousing SuperDry!!!
Back to top Go down
Impy Mcdub
DBS Old Timer
DBS Old Timer
Impy Mcdub

PostSubject: Re: 71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry)   71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 5:45 pm

uselescrapytwit wrote:
Impy Mcdub wrote:

Why low pressure????????????

go for it.

Ive got lpt setup on the volvo I jus bought for peanuts....its epic, 180lb ft torque at 2500 rpm and the turbo unit is very compact.....ideal for a vw
Go on scoops....ya know u wanna
Back to top Go down
nomates
DBS Top Tater
DBS Top Tater
nomates

PostSubject: Re: 71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry)   71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 5:52 pm

I'd just build it with more cc's ....and I'd defenatley use a counterweighted crank
Back to top Go down
Impy Mcdub
DBS Old Timer
DBS Old Timer
Impy Mcdub

PostSubject: Re: 71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry)   71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 6:03 pm

nomates wrote:
I'd just build it with more cc's ....and I'd defenatley use a counterweighted crank
Big cc's cost big money with dubs.........2xrenault 5gt turbo carbs o rejetted to suit on modded kad manifolds, compact reckon turbo unit, scrapyard intercooler, someone smart on here to make up the plumbing side.......easy power for under 1k
Back to top Go down
nomates
DBS Top Tater
DBS Top Tater
nomates

PostSubject: Re: 71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry)   71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 6:05 pm

its only barrels pistons ,heads and carbs Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Impy Mcdub
DBS Old Timer
DBS Old Timer
Impy Mcdub

PostSubject: Re: 71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry)   71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 6:08 pm

nomates wrote:

How much for 044 heads cos u may as well do it right,.2 gen italian webers, decent cam, moddin the case, etc etc etc....cheap as chips lol
Back to top Go down
Wurz
DBS Top Sphincter
DBS Top Sphincter
Wurz

Male Number of posts : 5378
My Ride(s) : T5, Bay, 2 Bugs & Buggy Project
Registration date : 2008-03-15

PostSubject: Re: 71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry)   71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 6:12 pm

Mr Scoops wrote:
I an genuinely interested in all this shizzle, BUT, I won't be charging or Nitrousing SuperDry!!!

fanny geek

Razz
Back to top Go down
uselescrapytwit
Blitzen Regular
Blitzen Regular
uselescrapytwit

PostSubject: Re: 71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry)   71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 6:46 pm

Mr Scoops wrote:

Well its another moldy old vw then aint it............
well it will do 211mph in that guise if you drop it of a big enough cliff...

lol only joking its a scruffy moldy old vw lol
give it some get up and go go on it will make it coolio
you know the ultimate is supercharger for top end with turbo for mid and top end with nirous for the boost when needed but who could hold it all together..... now there is an idea
Back to top Go down
nomates
DBS Top Tater
DBS Top Tater
nomates

PostSubject: Re: 71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry)   71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 6:48 pm

Impy Mcdub wrote:
nomates wrote:

How much for 044 heads cos u may as well do it right,.2 gen italian webers, decent cam, moddin the case, etc etc etc....cheap as chips lol

yep ....got all this stuff in my loft ,some secondhand ....some new but never fitted tongue
Back to top Go down
uselescrapytwit
Blitzen Regular
Blitzen Regular
uselescrapytwit

PostSubject: Re: 71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry)   71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 6:51 pm

Impy Mcdub wrote:
nomates wrote:
Big cc's cost big money with dubs.........2xrenault 5gt turbo carbs o rejetted to suit on modded kad manifolds, compact reckon turbo unit, scrapyard intercooler, someone smart on here to make up the plumbing side.......easy power for under 1k

turbo £70 breakers
carbs £20
old pipe £20
bits and bobs £40 oil line and a few carb parts

all in £250 if you can weld and you dont mind what it looks like
yehaa ride it
Back to top Go down
Impy Mcdub
DBS Old Timer
DBS Old Timer
Impy Mcdub

PostSubject: Re: 71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry)   71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 7:08 pm

I was goin for a grand if u wanted it pretty......scoops likes shiny polishable stuff
I budgeted 300 in me head for secondhand kit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry)   71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

71 Early Bay (formerly known as Superdry)
Page 2 of 25Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next