Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Welcome to DBS...........Weston's VeeDub Club

Gungeys resto thread official!!

Go down 
+28
Road Rage
Shorty
griff
Big_Al
uselescrapytwit
SimonABT
vwbeetlebum
sonic23
clockwork
renegade67
dreadie
Dylan
ProjectParsons
Bmtt4
Wurz
thecrewkid
HRD
WizBizMartin
Cleverchap
ARCANE
big dave
Shamrockez
delboy
Mr Scoops
joker 67
nomates
dubberatlast
Gungemyster
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Gungemyster
a.k.a. Clunge, The Club Deviant
Gungemyster

Male Number of posts : 12659
My Ride(s) : 1975 south african imported beetle two tone grey, 1997 Red T4 shag palace
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Gungeys resto thread official!! - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gungeys resto thread official!!   Gungeys resto thread official!! - Page 20 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 10:55 pm

Mr Scoops wrote:
What do you still need to get Dude?

Lots of little bits, but mostly worried about the break cylinders, break hoses etc, then getting everything set up. Wiring completed etc
Back to top Go down
nomates
DBS Top Tater
DBS Top Tater
nomates

Male Number of posts : 18609
My Ride(s) : 1967 fridolin and 1966 (award winning-and yea i am being gay) ghia and 1960 bubble car
Registration date : 2006-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Gungeys resto thread official!!   Gungeys resto thread official!! - Page 20 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 11:08 pm

what needs doing to the brakes?
Back to top Go down
Gungemyster
Gungemyster

My Ride(s) : 1975 south african imported beetle two tone grey, 1997 Red T4 shag palace

PostSubject: Re: Gungeys resto thread official!!   Gungeys resto thread official!! - Page 20 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 11:28 pm

Well, there hasn't been much fluid in them for a few years so could be seized, the flexible hoses look ok but who knows, it's just a case of will they or won't they be ok! Lol

It's like the passenger door, took two visits out to put in, but still needs to be stripped again as its not right. This isn't a mot feature but it's just the time the little bits and bobs take. Running board needs taking back off and a little work doing on them to fit properly, bumpers are proving a bitch to get back on, engine needs rebuilding, putting in and setting up, wiring needs doing properly, its a lot when only getting out twice a week for 4 hours t a time
Back to top Go down
Wurz
DBS Top Sphincter
DBS Top Sphincter
Wurz

Male Number of posts : 5378
My Ride(s) : T5, Bay, 2 Bugs & Buggy Project
Registration date : 2008-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Gungeys resto thread official!!   Gungeys resto thread official!! - Page 20 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 7:59 am

Take the engine home and rebuild it in yer kitchen, nice and warm in there Wink
Back to top Go down
WizBizMartin
DBS Old Timer
DBS Old Timer
WizBizMartin

Male Number of posts : 2531
My Ride(s) : 85 Mexican Beetle, 20v T Beetle, Honda Xr125
Registration date : 2008-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Gungeys resto thread official!!   Gungeys resto thread official!! - Page 20 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 10:02 am

Wurz wrote:
Take the engine home and rebuild it in yer kitchen, nice and warm in there Wink

whs ^^^^

keep up the good work mate,
Back to top Go down
Road Rage
DBS Old Timer
DBS Old Timer
Road Rage

Male Number of posts : 4830
My Ride(s) : 1972 Bay; Shitroen C4
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Gungeys resto thread official!!   Gungeys resto thread official!! - Page 20 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 12:59 pm

when you say the engine needs rebuilding, what state is it in? totally stripped etc?
Back to top Go down
Gungemyster
Gungemyster

PostSubject: Re: Gungeys resto thread official!!   Gungeys resto thread official!! - Page 20 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 1:52 pm

Sorry Stef, no I havent stripped the block, but I mean getting the tinware painted and put back together, setting it up etc.
I am putting on twin carbs and the electronic ignition. I also need to try and get the fuel pump base out that snapped off in the engine!! bloody thing!!

There are just lots of bits and bobs that need sorting that takes up time.
I had a really good tidy up out the unit the other night, as I was spending more time looking for parts and tools than I was working on the car. Fingers crossed this will now make things move quicker.
I cant go out tonight as I have training and need to pack for my 2 day course in Milton Keynes (right next door to the snow dome as it happens!!
I might take a few days off work and see how that goes.

Could I ask a favour Stef. Could you get me some prices on break cylinders all round. I would also like a price on the master cylinder (just in case!!).
Before fitting the engine I need to wash out the clutch release bearing and re-grease as its been wrapped for 3 years on the car.
I haven’t done anything to the underneath of the car as I was going to do that at dads, under the ramp, but I might have a chat with big Dave about that at some stage when its running.
Back to top Go down
Road Rage
DBS Old Timer
DBS Old Timer
Road Rage

PostSubject: Re: Gungeys resto thread official!!   Gungeys resto thread official!! - Page 20 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 2:46 pm

text me the reg no and i will price em up for you.
the fuel pump bit, is that the bakerlite plasticy thing? quicker to blank off the hole and fit a leccy pump
i know you already started painting, but couldnt the tin ware etc be powder coated?
ring me if you want it done as i am doing mine next week
Back to top Go down
vwbeetlebum
DBS Top Sphincter
DBS Top Sphincter
vwbeetlebum

Male Number of posts : 6572
My Ride(s) : Your Mum
Registration date : 2006-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Gungeys resto thread official!!   Gungeys resto thread official!! - Page 20 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 9:29 pm

This is going to be amazing when it's done
Back to top Go down
joker 67
DBS Old Timer
DBS Old Timer
joker 67

Male Number of posts : 3498
My Ride(s) : 2018 Skoda Karoq edition and something else
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Gungeys resto thread official!!   Gungeys resto thread official!! - Page 20 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 9:43 pm

check what you need for brakes, single or dual circuit master cylinder, piston size in front and rear piston for shoes etc, could be pre 66 sizes for these.

andy
Back to top Go down
Gungemyster
Gungemyster

PostSubject: Re: Gungeys resto thread official!!   Gungeys resto thread official!! - Page 20 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 10:13 pm

I'm away for a few days now and doesnt look like I will get much done on Friday if club night! Lol

Once I have more paint for the tinware, I might do the breaks next.
Back to top Go down
nomates
DBS Top Tater
DBS Top Tater
nomates

My Ride(s) : 1967 fridolin and 1966 (award winning-and yea i am being gay) ghia and 1960 bubble car

PostSubject: Re: Gungeys resto thread official!!   Gungeys resto thread official!! - Page 20 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 10:33 pm

brakes ...lol
Back to top Go down
Gungemyster
Gungemyster

PostSubject: Re: Gungeys resto thread official!!   Gungeys resto thread official!! - Page 20 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 11:46 pm

nomates wrote:
brakes ...lol

Lol!!

Wanker! Lol
Back to top Go down
Gungemyster
Gungemyster

PostSubject: Re: Gungeys resto thread official!!   Gungeys resto thread official!! - Page 20 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 12:22 pm

Things that make you go Hmmmmmm (nope not C+C music factory) my tinware!!

Most things are in paint now,

Gungeys resto thread official!! - Page 20 IMAG0608

but I had just a few things to do on Saturday to etch. These last few bits reacted so will need to be stripped and done again. However I had enough bits to start mocking the engine up. Looking at the engine the silver paint was flaking off all over the place, so I though I would clean it up a little first. I also managed to remove the bakerlite fuel pump seat that snapped off (with a little Gengeinnering)

Gungeys resto thread official!! - Page 20 IMAG0609
Gungeys resto thread official!! - Page 20 IMAG0610

Gungeys resto thread official!! - Page 20 IMAG0611
Gungeys resto thread official!! - Page 20 IMAG0612

I also thought I would do something a little different with the flywheel pully's by spraying them a very bright green, but this stuff ran off the pully's!! I ended up having to use a heat gun to really warm up them up and putting on light dustings which took ages!! (they dont look great but I am running with them non the less.

Gungeys resto thread official!! - Page 20 IMAG0607

I thought I would try to put some tin on the engine

Gungeys resto thread official!! - Page 20 IMAG0613
Gungeys resto thread official!! - Page 20 IMAG0614
Gungeys resto thread official!! - Page 20 IMAG0615

It was hear that I found the nice new head tinware was a really bad fit and cant use it, so degreased the original and need to prep and spray it so thats where I left it!!

Having done this and having most of the tin ware done

Back to top Go down
dubberatlast
DBS Top Tater
DBS Top Tater
dubberatlast

Male Number of posts : 15756
Registration date : 2006-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Gungeys resto thread official!!   Gungeys resto thread official!! - Page 20 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 4:06 pm

Looking good bud Wink
Back to top Go down
Road Rage
DBS Old Timer
DBS Old Timer
Road Rage

PostSubject: Re: Gungeys resto thread official!!   Gungeys resto thread official!! - Page 20 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 5:18 pm

Gungemyster wrote:

I also thought I would do something a little different with the flywheel pully's by spraying them a very bright green, but this stuff ran off the pully's!! I ended up having to use a heat gun to really warm up them up and putting on light dustings which took ages!! (they dont look great but I am running with them non the less.

Gungeys resto thread official!! - Page 20 IMAG0607
fuck me thats greener than my seats lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
dubberatlast
DBS Top Tater
DBS Top Tater
dubberatlast

Male Number of posts : 15756
Registration date : 2006-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Gungeys resto thread official!!   Gungeys resto thread official!! - Page 20 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 5:38 pm

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220720080631?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_828wt_952

Them the ones bud, as i say though you can have the one i got Wink
Back to top Go down
nomates
DBS Top Tater
DBS Top Tater
nomates

PostSubject: Re: Gungeys resto thread official!!   Gungeys resto thread official!! - Page 20 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 5:57 pm

please repaint the pulley's ..........you twat
Back to top Go down
nomates
DBS Top Tater
DBS Top Tater
nomates

PostSubject: Re: Gungeys resto thread official!!   Gungeys resto thread official!! - Page 20 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 5:58 pm

tinware and engine look ace tho'
Back to top Go down
clockwork
DBS Top Sphincter
DBS Top Sphincter
clockwork

Male Number of posts : 7198
My Ride(s) : Rollercoaster
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Gungeys resto thread official!!   Gungeys resto thread official!! - Page 20 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 7:11 pm

I know kernite the frog is making a comeback but I didn't even know you were a fan! Laughing
Back to top Go down
clockwork
DBS Top Sphincter
DBS Top Sphincter
clockwork

Male Number of posts : 7198
My Ride(s) : Rollercoaster
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Gungeys resto thread official!!   Gungeys resto thread official!! - Page 20 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 7:12 pm

Bloody autocorrect! Kermit lol
Back to top Go down
nomates
DBS Top Tater
DBS Top Tater
nomates

PostSubject: Re: Gungeys resto thread official!!   Gungeys resto thread official!! - Page 20 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 7:23 pm

clockwork wrote:
I know kernite the frog is making a comeback but I didn't even know you were a fan! Laughing

I dunno whats worse?......lol your pulleys or his joke Shocked
Back to top Go down
Gungemyster
Gungemyster

PostSubject: Re: Gungeys resto thread official!!   Gungeys resto thread official!! - Page 20 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:54 pm

Lol, let me explaine the pulleys.

When I have been working on the car, I found it to have several donor parts from other cars that had been done previously, since thence have added wings bonnet and deck lid from other cars. I made the remark to arcane that it's like frankinstein, so he bought me a little model, with a grey suit and bright green face and hands. He will be sat on the dash and the bug called frankinstein. So this is just more than anything to break up the black in the engine bay.
I might possibly do the spare wheel also!
Back to top Go down
Cleverchap
DBS Pervert
DBS Pervert
Cleverchap

Male Number of posts : 895
My Ride(s) : '65 split with a difference
Registration date : 2007-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Gungeys resto thread official!!   Gungeys resto thread official!! - Page 20 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 1:11 am

I like it, but I do live upside down.

looks smart mate, you have really come a long way with this one, you should be very proud.
Back to top Go down
nomates
DBS Top Tater
DBS Top Tater
nomates

PostSubject: Re: Gungeys resto thread official!!   Gungeys resto thread official!! - Page 20 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:39 pm

Gungemyster wrote:
Lol, let me explaine the pulleys.

When I have been working on the car, I found it to have several donor parts from other cars that had been done previously, since thence have added wings bonnet and deck lid from other cars. I made the remark to arcane that it's like frankinstein, so he bought me a little model, with a grey suit and bright green face and hands. He will be sat on the dash and the bug called frankinstein. So this is just more than anything to break up the black in the engine bay.
I might possibly do the spare wheel also!

Subliminal message .........paint the pulleys satin black ......or get a noddy suit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gungeys resto thread official!!   Gungeys resto thread official!! - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gungeys resto thread official!!
Page 20 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24 ... 28  Next