Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Welcome to DBS...........Weston's VeeDub Club

Bugsie Update (formerly Ruby)

Go down 
+10
Big Blue Betty
dubberatlast
Impy Mcdub
ARCANE
delboy
Mr Scoops
nomates
big dave
purple73
Dirty Dave
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Big Blue Betty
DBS Old Timer
DBS Old Timer
Big Blue Betty

Female Number of posts : 2686
My Ride(s) : 71 Bay Camper Betty, 69 Bug Minty, 57 Ragtop Oval Bery. 67 Split Hugo! 83 MK1 Golf Cabriolet Star!
Registration date : 2007-05-06

Bugsie Update (formerly Ruby) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bugsie Update (formerly Ruby)   Bugsie Update (formerly Ruby) - Page 3 EmptyTue May 12, 2009 6:44 pm

I had exactly the same prob when I came to Tax the Oval. I had to go to Exeter DVLA with all the relevant documents, got the tax disc straight away. Top news about the bug, cant wait to see it!
Back to top Go down
Cleverchap
DBS Pervert
DBS Pervert
Cleverchap

Male Number of posts : 895
My Ride(s) : '65 split with a difference
Registration date : 2007-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Bugsie Update (formerly Ruby)   Bugsie Update (formerly Ruby) - Page 3 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 12:10 am

As its a change it taxation class it will have to be done at the DVLA local office. Lyme Kiln Close is the address, just on the corner next to B&Q and Sainsbury's. Bastard to park there BTW.

They should sort you out with the tax disc there and then and send the log book off to Swansea for you. Just be sure to take original insurance docs or they will tell you to sod off.

Oh and if its a traders policy it must have you named on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bugsie Update (formerly Ruby)   Bugsie Update (formerly Ruby) - Page 3 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 8:27 pm

Yeah goin up tommorrow morning so hopefully all will be sorted and i can finally drive the Bug!!! Cool

Yeah i need to change the colour on the V5 also as it still says red even tho i told them it was blue when i applied for the V5 document!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bugsie Update (formerly Ruby)   Bugsie Update (formerly Ruby) - Page 3 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 8:37 pm

Hooray..... Finally the old girl is fully Road legal!! Got the tax sorted out Yesterday and finally took her on her for a spin!!
I pleased to say she drove great! No problems whilst i was in traffic and drove fine in all gears. Very Happy

However about 2 hours ago id just grabbed some grub from the takeout and on the way back there was a load thump and she died! Crying or Very sad On a hill no less!!
I managed to get her to the side of the road to try and suss out what was goin on. There was a cable running from the diagnostic plug to the starter motor area. it dint seem to connect to anything but i attached a clip to it, and secured it, as i dint want to remove it incase it was needed for something id missed.

Turns out that the clip had come loose and the cable had wrapped itself around the driveshaft and tore all the right hand electric loom out along with the Accelerator cable and no.plate light cables!! affraid

I managed to patch her up and get her home with a screwdriver and some tape!!

Pissed off that my chips were now cold and my car damaged!!!

iv sorted her now tho, the lights all work again and it doesnt seem to have caused any major damage fortunately!! Gonna get my dad to check the engine out tommorrow tho just incase!! pale

Bugsie Update (formerly Ruby) - Page 3 Image391
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bugsie Update (formerly Ruby)   Bugsie Update (formerly Ruby) - Page 3 EmptyFri May 22, 2009 1:57 pm

Well all seems well with the lil bug, had the engine checked out and seems ok Cool

Finally got round to sorting out the wheels today and decieded to get to work finishing them off.

I originally planned just to give em a quick blast of laquer to shine em up but got sidetracked and ended up completely changing them!!!! What a Face

I think they look great on the Bug but im sure others would disagree!!

Here are some pictures of the Wheels now see what you think.....ignore the tyres they will be black again soon but cant do anything till the paint has fully set.

Before.........
Bugsie Update (formerly Ruby) - Page 3 Image395

After.........
Bugsie Update (formerly Ruby) - Page 3 Image000

Bugsie Update (formerly Ruby) - Page 3 Image003

Bugsie Update (formerly Ruby) - Page 3 Image004

Bugsie Update (formerly Ruby) - Page 3 Image006
Back to top Go down
ARCANE
DBS Old Timer
DBS Old Timer
ARCANE

Male Number of posts : 4582
My Ride(s) : 411 Variant.
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Bugsie Update (formerly Ruby)   Bugsie Update (formerly Ruby) - Page 3 EmptyFri May 22, 2009 3:11 pm

good work dude i personally think they look cool as with the black centres
afro
Back to top Go down
nomates
DBS Top Tater
DBS Top Tater
nomates

Male Number of posts : 18609
My Ride(s) : 1967 fridolin and 1966 (award winning-and yea i am being gay) ghia and 1960 bubble car
Registration date : 2006-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Bugsie Update (formerly Ruby)   Bugsie Update (formerly Ruby) - Page 3 EmptyFri May 22, 2009 4:54 pm

have to agree .....much better
Back to top Go down
Gungemyster
a.k.a. Clunge, The Club Deviant
a.k.a. Clunge, The Club Deviant
Gungemyster

Male Number of posts : 12659
My Ride(s) : 1975 south african imported beetle two tone grey, 1997 Red T4 shag palace
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Bugsie Update (formerly Ruby)   Bugsie Update (formerly Ruby) - Page 3 EmptyFri May 22, 2009 6:37 pm

Thats awesome, as they were, they just didnt do justice to the car. Now it looks really sweet!
Back to top Go down
The G
DBS Pervert
DBS Pervert
The G

Male Number of posts : 613
My Ride(s) : 1983 T25
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Bugsie Update (formerly Ruby)   Bugsie Update (formerly Ruby) - Page 3 EmptyFri May 22, 2009 6:59 pm

Sweet Bud, Like it
Back to top Go down
http://www.groove-a-licious.co.uk
Mr Scoops
DBS Top Tater
DBS Top Tater
Mr Scoops

Male Number of posts : 38010
My Ride(s) : 1991 Vanagon GL Westfalia 2.1: 2011 A3 S-Line
Registration date : 2006-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Bugsie Update (formerly Ruby)   Bugsie Update (formerly Ruby) - Page 3 EmptyFri May 22, 2009 8:26 pm

I like that Bud, different approach.
Cool.
Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.cttp.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bugsie Update (formerly Ruby)   Bugsie Update (formerly Ruby) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bugsie Update (formerly Ruby)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3