Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Welcome to DBS...........Weston's VeeDub Club

The Canada Project(s)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gordie
DBS Newbie
DBS Newbie

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2013-08-27

The Canada Project(s) Empty
PostSubject: The Canada Project(s)   The Canada Project(s) EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 7:16 pm

How-do ladies and gentlemen of Der Blitzen Sphincters? Hopefully I'll get to me some of you in the coming months.

I've recently moved to Somerset with my girlfriend, Mandi. I've had vee-dubs ever since I could drive and, having been dub-less for the last 2 years whilst travelling the world, I'm back with these two late westfalias.

As they arrived at my secret location near Taunton Twisted Evil 

The Canada Project(s) Photo510

First up, the green one got all my attention as it appeared to be the closest to an MOT - and I was right! A couple of electrical issues later and a fresh MOT printed out at first time of asking. A little trip over the bridge to DVLA and a few days later my registration and a tax disc arrived in the post.

The biggest let down with the bus, aside from some rusty bubbles on the drivers side and some beer mat sized holes in the wheel arches, was the roof. Moldy beyond the point of cleaning, and with the luggage rack scraped and bashed within an inch of it's life, I dived in armed with fiberglass, P38 and some marine standard enamel paint.

Many hours, and a few swear words later here's a before and after.

The Canada Project(s) Photo710

The Canada Project(s) Photo610

Never done anything like that before, so was pretty pleased with the outcome. I wet sanded the finish after these pics were taken and it ended up as smooth as The Fonz, two thumbs, a mirror and.... Ayyyyyy! Cool 
Back to top Go down
gordie
DBS Newbie
DBS Newbie

PostSubject: Re: The Canada Project(s)   The Canada Project(s) EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 7:23 pm

The pictures don't really show how bad the roof looked, or how dead the paint was but they never do, right? Ha.

Anyway, here's a before and after from when the bus arrived to when I sold it yesterday at Bus Fest at the first time of asking!

The paint was attacked with a mop and some cutting compound for a few hours, I sanded back the wheels and gave them a fresh coat of silver and the snow tyres it arrived on were swapped out for the white walls that were very kindly shipped over inside. Finally new seals and decals all round on the pop-top and, bada bing!

The Canada Project(s) Photo11

The Canada Project(s) Photo210
Back to top Go down
Mr Scoops
DBS Top Tater
DBS Top Tater
Mr Scoops

Male Number of posts : 38010
My Ride(s) : 1991 Vanagon GL Westfalia 2.1: 2011 A3 S-Line
Registration date : 2006-08-19

PostSubject: Re: The Canada Project(s)   The Canada Project(s) EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 7:56 pm

Good work Gordie!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cttp.co.uk
Road Rage
DBS Old Timer
DBS Old Timer
Road Rage

Male Number of posts : 4830
My Ride(s) : 1972 Bay; Shitroen C4
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: The Canada Project(s)   The Canada Project(s) EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 9:48 pm

Good work
Are you keeping the orange one?
Back to top Go down
gordie
DBS Newbie
DBS Newbie

PostSubject: Re: The Canada Project(s)   The Canada Project(s) EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 7:28 am

Yeah, for a little while at least! Wink Plus, the orange one will get some personal touches - took every bone in my body to resist slamming the green one!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Canada Project(s)   The Canada Project(s) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Canada Project(s)
Page 1 of 1