After spending most of yesterday assembling my new tool box and lining up my spanners, I figured today I had better justify their existence and actually do something!
A few months ago I removed the rear seat belts to make room for the sound deadening installation... at the time I got a decent whiff of petrol fumes come through from the fuel tank area...
I have since whipped the engine out in order to get to the firewall and fuel tank area but till today had not progressed this task..
Today I removed the firewall, and had a good look around.. apart from a couple of semi-perished rubber pipes joining the metallic tubes, all seemed well, I replaced the rubber pipes, checked the filler pipe and had a good look around for any leakages - all is dry and sound - so I put it all back together.
I then had time enough to crack on with another job - installing rear shock absorbers that I've had for well over 6 months now! The old ones were utterly f**ked, they would expand and contract under their own weight....!
I have now fitted KYB Gas Adjust shocks on the rear to match those previously fitted on the front.
Sorry for the lack of pictures