Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Welcome to DBS...........Weston's VeeDub Club

*VAGCOM Services offered*

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SimonABT
DBS Old Timer
DBS Old Timer
SimonABT

Male Number of posts : 1343
My Ride(s) : Something with a V6 under the hood!
Registration date : 2006-10-08

*VAGCOM Services offered* Empty
PostSubject: *VAGCOM Services offered*   *VAGCOM Services offered* EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 10:34 pm

For anybody who doesnt know what 'VAGCOM' is -

Now known as VCDS (vagcom diagnostic system) is a software which will perform most of the functions of the expensive electronic diagnostic tools available only to official VW Dealers.
In the past, these dealership-only tools have prevented owners, and many small independent repair shops from performing some fundamental tasks, such as diagnosing problems, diesel ignition timing, modification of convenience options such as automatic door unlocking, coding a replacement electronic control unit (ECU) or key to the vehicle, and monitoring of many vehicle sensors for diagnosing problems. Unlike generic on-board diagnostics (OBD-II / EOBD), VCDS uses the more in-depth Volkswagen Group-specific manufacturer protocol commands, which allows the user to access all diagnostic capable vehicle systems

I currently have the shareware version of VCDS on my laptop which only allows me to fault code read, and reset fault codes. I am offering this service to members if they require it, although i am in the process of getting the full version which will allow me to do some pretty in-depth things to your car.

If anybody has a fault with their Mk3 onwards Golf, or Polo, or T5, etc etc and the vehicle is fitted with the OBD port then let me know and i will be glad to try and diagnose the fault for you. If anything it will at least give you a head start where to start looking for your fault.

Because this shareware version is available to anybody to download for free i will not charge for this service. Instead of payment i will gladly accept a nice cold beverage at one of the DBS meets. (although if i have to travel some distance i would appreciate a bit of cash to cover my fuel costs)

Hope this can be of use to members on here.

Cheers

Si Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gungemyster
a.k.a. Clunge, The Club Deviant
a.k.a. Clunge, The Club Deviant
Gungemyster

Male Number of posts : 12659
My Ride(s) : 1975 south african imported beetle two tone grey, 1997 Red T4 shag palace
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: *VAGCOM Services offered*   *VAGCOM Services offered* EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 12:23 am

Hell yeah, you can fill your boots on the wifes Mk3 and I will get you a few beers at the DBS meets (that I have never seen you there before at!!) lol result!! lol

Let me know where you are in Clevedon and I will pop over. I might get you to check the T4 also.
Back to top Go down
SimonABT
DBS Old Timer
DBS Old Timer
SimonABT

PostSubject: Re: *VAGCOM Services offered*   *VAGCOM Services offered* EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 7:43 am

No problemo dude. I am getting my new house 2mrw so wont be free till for a week or so as busy decorating, fitted bathroom, etc etc.

Yeah i know i havent been to a dbs meet for AGES. I will be trying my best to get to some soon but im always so busy. Sad
Back to top Go down
griff
DBS Top Sphincter
DBS Top Sphincter
griff

Male Number of posts : 5280
My Ride(s) : the fourking T25 van
Registration date : 2007-04-01

PostSubject: Re: *VAGCOM Services offered*   *VAGCOM Services offered* EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 9:26 pm

si, will it work on a 2002 t4 2.5. as the glow plug light keeps flashing, on my brothers van.
Back to top Go down
http://www.c1der.co.uk/cider_with_roger.htm
HRD
DBS Old Timer
DBS Old Timer
HRD

Male Number of posts : 1507
My Ride(s) : Too many to list!
Registration date : 2009-05-04

PostSubject: Re: *VAGCOM Services offered*   *VAGCOM Services offered* EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 9:45 pm

defo up for that, if you pm me your number ill have a talk about some lights that have just come on,
ta, gav

Last edited by HRD on Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr Scoops
DBS Top Tater
DBS Top Tater
Mr Scoops

Male Number of posts : 38010
My Ride(s) : 1991 Vanagon GL Westfalia 2.1: 2011 A3 S-Line
Registration date : 2006-08-19

PostSubject: Re: *VAGCOM Services offered*   *VAGCOM Services offered* EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 9:47 pm

Nah Gav, they're your headlights!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cttp.co.uk
HRD
DBS Old Timer
DBS Old Timer
HRD

PostSubject: Re: *VAGCOM Services offered*   *VAGCOM Services offered* EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 9:49 pm

ha ha ha!!!
Back to top Go down
SimonABT
DBS Old Timer
DBS Old Timer
SimonABT

PostSubject: Re: *VAGCOM Services offered*   *VAGCOM Services offered* EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 12:40 pm

griff wrote:
si, will it work on a 2002 t4 2.5. as the glow plug light keeps flashing, on my brothers van.

It should do. I used it on my friends 2.5 T4 and it found a load of faults. I'll PM you
my number. I wont be free much until after next week as we get the keys to our new house today and have to make it livable asap. But after next week give me txt or call anytime and i'll come sort it for you.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SimonABT
DBS Old Timer
DBS Old Timer
SimonABT

PostSubject: Re: *VAGCOM Services offered*   *VAGCOM Services offered* EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 12:42 pm

HRD wrote:
defo up for that, if you pm me your number ill have a talk about some lights that have just come on,
ta, gav

Yeah i'll PM you my number. But as i just said to Griff wont be till after next week. Hope thats ok?
Back to top Go down
griff
DBS Top Sphincter
DBS Top Sphincter
griff

Male Number of posts : 5280
My Ride(s) : the fourking T25 van
Registration date : 2007-04-01

PostSubject: Re: *VAGCOM Services offered*   *VAGCOM Services offered* EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 7:59 pm

Thats cool its been doing it for about a year i'll give you a call in a couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.c1der.co.uk/cider_with_roger.htm
HRD
DBS Old Timer
DBS Old Timer
HRD

PostSubject: Re: *VAGCOM Services offered*   *VAGCOM Services offered* EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 9:29 am

no probs, you have text
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *VAGCOM Services offered*   *VAGCOM Services offered* Empty

Back to top Go down

*VAGCOM Services offered*
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: VW stories :: Restorations-
Jump to: